Wednesday, November 12, 2008

blood drive woes

i went to the blood drive today to give blood. after waiting an hour (not too bad; i've seen worse), i was interviewed and had my vitals tested. well, first off, i was told my heartbeat is irregular...nothing bad, just irregular. ok; that's new. and then, i had to have two fingers pricked because my iron was slightly low the first time. after that, i had another hour wait (yet again, not that bad). and then i got into one of the lounge chair-thingies...and had a little chat with one of the red cross ladies about twilight.

and then, the needle. oh, it went in fine. it was my blood that was messed up. the guy who was drawing my blood couldn't let go of the needle and tape it down because, as soon as he did, my blood stopped flowing into the little bag. okay. weird. but he also couldn't move even the slightest bit. or my blood would stop flowing. so, after shifting (and my hurting a bit), the guy finally decided to just give up. and, so, after only half a bag of blood, i was sent on my way...to think about the reasons as to why my blood would have begun to clot so fast (the guy was impressed, actually, with its speed and commended me for my good humor). so i went to eat my dinner and then go and rest for a bit before studying for the quiz in computers...here's to next blood drive being better...

No comments: